Columbus and Franklin County Influenza Surveillance
Columbus Public Health and Franklin County Public Health collect information on influenza (flu) and influenza-like illnesses from October through May each year.
Pneumonia and influenza deaths in the City of Columbus
Number of students absent from Columbus City Schools
Influenza-like illnesses reported from specific medical offices in Franklin County
Influenza-like illness and respiratory illness hospital emergency department and selected pediatric urgent care visits
Selected laboratory data
Over-the-counter medication sales from retailers
Hospitalizations for Influenza
This information is used:
2019-2020 Flu Season - By Week
- Week 47, 2019 (Nov 17, 2019 – Nov 23, 2019)
- Week 46, 2019 (Nov 10, 2019 - Nov 16, 2019)
- Week 45, 2019 (Nov 3, 2019 - Nov 9, 2019)
- Week 44, 2019 (Oct 27, 2019 - Nov 2, 2019).
- Week 43, 2019 (Oct 20, 2019 - Oct 26, 2019)
- Week 42, 2019 (Oct 13, 2019 - Oct 19, 2019)
- Week 41, 2019 (Oct 6, 2019 - Oct 12, 2019)
- Week 40, 2019 (Sep 29, 2019 - Oct 5, 2019 )
Draft Columbus and Franklin County Flu Activity Level Definitions
Draft Columbus and Franklin County Flu Intensity Level Definitions
To request previous Influenza Weekly Reports, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All influenza activity reporting is voluntary and we thank all of our providers for their participation.
The latest weekly report of local influenza surveillance can also be found on the Infectious Disease Reporting System website.
For more information regarding Ohio influenza surveillance, go to the Ohio Department of Health website.
For more information regarding national influenza surveillance, go to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.