Opening Your Day Care Step Eight: Finding Funds to Get You Started!

Your first step in finding any available grants or funds is to contact the Ohio Child Care Resource & Referral Association.

Local non-profit organizations, including, but not limited to the Lion’s Club, the Elks, Kiwanis, can be an invaluable resource for you. Also, some employers will sponsor child care for employees.

Additionally, several local and national banks also have lending options for small businesses. This could be a viable option for you as their expertise might prove helpful when a lending officer has had an opportunity to review your business plan. 

You're Almost There!
Ohio law requires any person or business making retail sales of tangible personal property or taxable services to register for a vendor's license. The state offers several different types of vendor's licenses, depending on your business type. Please visit the Ohio Department of Taxation website, listed below, for more information. You can do this at your final step(!), Registering Your Business with the Columbus Income Tax Division.

Last, you must obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service. You can do so online at  How to Apply for an EIN.

A note from your Small Business Concierge: Please note this page is currently a work in progress. As requirements change we will update the site. Therefore, if you identify any missing, inaccurate, or otherwise unnecessary information please do not hesitate to contact me via email. I promise to promptly reply to you!