Opening Your Day Care Step Four: Completing/Submitting Your Application

For your convenience, what follows is a list of all required documents discussed in the previous pages that will be required to approve your license. Please note, incomplete applications will not be processed and will close after 90 days:

    •     Application for Licensed Type B home – complete all four (4) pages and sign the last page;
    •     Statement of Non-conviction – required for the provider, emergency/substitute caregiver, and all adults 18 years of age or older that reside in the provider’s home;
    •     Provider Medical Statement;
    •     Child’s Medical Statement  – required for all children in attendance, including your own children, that are not in a grade of kindergarten or above;
    •     Emergency/Substitute Caregiver Statement;
    •     Request for Child Abuse and Neglect Report Information form  – required for the provider, emergency/substitute caregiver, and all adults 18 years of age or older that reside in the provider’s home;
    •     Child Care Handbook for Caretakers, per the instructions provided here;
    •     Verification of Household Members – note, the verification form is on page 14 of this PDF. Please print off this page and complete it for your application.

Additionally, the following forms and documents are required to be submitted for your application to be considered “complete:”
    •     Verification of First Aid and CPR Training;
    •     The Health and Safety in Child Care;
    •     Copy of the Applicant’s High School Diploma or GED;
    •     Copy of the Applicant’s Social Security Card and driver’s license or state ID;
    •     Copy of current lease or mortgage.

Once you have completed all of the above forms and required documents, you are ready to submit your application packet to the following address: 

       FCDJFS – Attn. C.C.C. Intake
       1721 Northland Park Ave.
       Columbus, OH 43229

Once FCDJFS intake staff have received and reviewed your completed packet you will be contacted for the next step in the process. You may also check the status of your application by calling (614) 212-1724 or (614) 212-1721.

A note from your Small Business Concierge: Please note this page is currently a work in progress. As requirements change we will update the site. Therefore, if you identify any missing, inaccurate, or otherwise unnecessary information please do not hesitate to contact me via email. I promise to promptly reply to you!

You're Almost There!
Ohio law requires any person or business making retail sales of tangible personal property or taxable services to register for a vendor's license. The state offers several different types of vendor's licenses, depending on your business type. Please visit the Ohio Department of Taxation website, listed below, for more information. You can do this at your final step(!)Registering Your Business with the Columbus Income Tax Division.

Last, you must obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service. You can do so online at How to Apply for an EIN.