Learn new skills for new job opportunities
What to Expect?
Join us to meet the Training Instructors and learn about:
- Blueprint Columbus
- The Green Infrastructure Workforce Development Training Program in partnership with Columbus State Community College
- How a Green Infrastructure Training Certificate, equivalent to experience for City contracting, can be earned
- Future Green Infrastructure Project opportunites with the City
Who Can Participate?
- Small Business Owners and Employees
- Individuals interested in starting their own businesses
- Individuals interested in a career focusing on Green Infrastructure Construction and Maintenance
What is Green Infrastructure?
Outreach Event Flyer
Green infrastructure is a new way of managing the rain water that falls on roads and other hard surfaces. It relies on soil and plants to absorb the water.
Why Learn about Green Infrastructure?
The City of Columbus is beginning to install more green infrastructure in its neighborhoods, creating new opportunities for long-term jobs building and maintaining the sites.