City of Columbus to Reopen City Facilities
Now that health orders have been lifted and our community is
resuming normal operations, the City of Columbus will reopen its downtown
campus and other public city buildings beginning in July. The City will
continue to follow CDC guidance which recommends unvaccinated people wear face
coverings. It is highly recommended that all visitors to city buildings
continue to wear a mask or other face covering to protect residents and
employees who may be unvaccinated or remain vulnerable to COVID-19.
“As we have done since the beginning of the pandemic, we are
basing our decisions and timelines on the latest scientific evidence and public
health guidance – working on numerous fronts and in various ways to ensure the
health, safety and well-being of our residents and employees,” said Mayor
Andrew J. Ginther. “Our best defense against the spread of COVID-19 remains the
vaccine, and I encourage all residents to get vaccinated.”
City departments are working now to prepare for the arrival
of customers and additional employees, with several new procedures, practices
- Regular cleaning and sanitizing of common areas.
- Access to hand sanitizer throughout the
- Wherever possible, HVAC systems have been
adjusted to incorporate more fresh air and to increase filtration efficiency.
- Staggered shifts, whenever possible, to ensure
that fewer employees are on-site at one time.
The following buildings will be open to the public on July
- Columbus City Hall, 90 W. Broad Street
- Jerry Hammond, 1111 East Broad Street (Citywide
Training & Development, Rec & Parks Permits)
- Michael B. Coleman Government Center, 111 N.
Front Street (in-person bill payment and permitting services for Public
Service, Building and Zoning Services, and Public Utilities)
- 77 N. Front Street (Human Resources)
- All Columbus Fire Stations
- Columbus Fire Administration Bureau, 3675
- Parking Services, 2700 Impound Lot Road
- Columbus Public Health, 240 Parsons Ave. *(As
a healthcare facility, masks are required.)
- Columbus Police Headquarters, 120 Marconi
- Department of Neighborhoods, 1410 Cleveland
Ave., 2nd Floor
- Columbus Public Utilities, 910 Dublin Road
- Columbus Model Neighborhood Facility, 1393 E.