303 W. Broad St.
Columbus, OH 43215
View on Map
Genoa Park is located on the western bank of the Scioto River between Rich Street and Broad Street. The park is named after the Italian city of Genoa – one of Columbus’ ten international sister cities and the birthplace of city’s namesake Christopher Columbus.
Park features include:
Riverfront Amphitheater - With stunning views of the downtown skyline, the amphitheater attracts thousands of visitors for concerts and events each year.
Genoa Park Lighting - This dynamic LED lighting feature is installed within the steps and seating area of the Riverfront Amphitheater and programmed to display a variety of multi-colored designs throughout the year.
Columbus Police Memorial | This monument bears the names of Columbus Police Officers who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to the public. (UPDATE: 4/29/2016 - As of April 28, 2016 the Genoa Park amphitheater lighting has
been turned off due to a sizable failure rate on some of the light fixtures. Replacement of
all fixtures is required due to manufacturer defect. Lumenpulse and Jess Howard
are planning to replace all fixtures on May 25-26, and assuming there are no
issues plan to turn over operation back to the Recreation and Parks Department after Memorial Day. If no issues are
identified we will receive keys and back stock 30 days after.)
Lucas Sullivant Statue - Erected in 2000, the statue was commissioned by the Franklinton Historical Society and created by local artist Michael Foley. Lucas Sullivant was a surveyor and early American frontiersman who founded Franklinton in 1797. Named in honor of Benjamin Franklin, Franklinton is Columbus’ oldest neighborhood and was the first settlement in the Scioto Valley north of Chillicothe.
Scioto Lounge Deer Sculptures - Genoa Park is home to two whimsical bronze sculptures of “humanized” deer (a third sculpture in this series is located on the Rich Street Bridge). Country music singer and acclaimed visual artist Terry Allen came up with the concept after visiting the city and learning that the Scioto River takes its name from the Shawnee Indian word for “hairy water.” According to local legend, when the Shawnee first migrated to Scioto River valley from the Carolinas, they found deer hair floating in the river.
Genoa Park Fountains - Located at the top of the Riverfront Amphitheater, the fountains are comprised of 24 bronze basins housed in 12 stone pedestals along Washington Boulevard.
Adjacent to Genoa Park and across the street from the Riverfront Amphitheater is the Center of Science and Industry (COSI) – a dynamic hands-on science museum and one of downtown Columbus’ most popular attractions. During COSI’s 1999 move to the riverfront’s west side, the historic façade of the old Central High School (built in 1924) was preserved and incorporated into Arata Isozaki’s architectural design for the museum’s new facility.
- Greenway Trail Access
- Walking Trail