Growing Healthy Kids Columbus Coalition
Growing Healthy Kids Columbus (GHKC) coalition was convened in May 2009 to help develop the City of Columbus Early Childhood Obesity Prevention Plan. The coalition was initially funded by the Ohio Department of Health's Office of Healthy Ohio Community Obesity Prevention Program Grant and has been sustained by Columbus Public Health and the commitment of our partners.
Awards in which the coalition has received include:
The GHKC coalition is facilitated by Columbus Public Health in partnership with Ohio State University Extension and brings together organizations from throughout the city with the goal of actively changing the Columbus community to provide children the earliest possible opportunity to develop a healthy lifestyle and to reduce their risk of overweight and obesity. By joining GHKC coalition you will be partnering with more than 40 other organizations working together to promote the same messages in an effort to reduce childhood overweight and obesity through policy, systems and environment changes.
Our Shared Vision: Columbus is a community in which all children live ina smoke-free environment, have daily opportunities for active play, and haveaccess to nutritious foods so they enter kindergarten ready to live, learn andplay at their best.
To Join: Email Ali Segna at [email protected].
View our diverse Coalition Partners
SAVE THE DATE!
Coalition meetings are held at Columbus Public Health.
2021 meetings are scheduled as follows:
- Tuesday January 26: 10 - 11:30 am, Zoom
- Tuesday February 23: 10 - 11:30 am, Zoom
- Tuesday March 23: 10 - 11:30 am, Zoom
- Tuesday April 27: 10 - 11:30 am, Zoom
- Tuesday May 25: 10 - 11:30 am, Zoom
- Tuesday June 29: 10 - 11:30 am, Zoom
- Tuesday July 27: 10 - 11:30 am, Zoom
- Tuesday August 31: 10 - 11:30 am; Zoom
- Tuesday September 28: 10 - 11:30 am, Zoom
- Tuesday October 26: 10 - 11:30 am, Zoom
- Tuesday December 7: 10 - 11:30 am, Zoom
CAMPAIGN TOOLS AND RESOURCES