Growing Healthy Kids Columbus Coalition
Growing Healthy Kids Columbus (GHKC) coalition was convened in May 2009 to help develop the City of Columbus Early Childhood Obesity Prevention Plan. The coalition was initially funded by the Ohio Department of Health's Office of Healthy Ohio Community Obesity Prevention Program Grant and has been sustained by Columbus Public Health and the commitment of our partners.
Awards in which the coalition has received include:
- NACCHO ACHIEVE Grant
- 2015 OSU Outreach and Engagement Award
- 2017 NACCHO Model Practice Award
- 2018 Culture of Health Priester Award
The GHKC coalition is facilitated by Columbus Public Health in partnership with Ohio State University Extension and brings together organizations from throughout the city with the goal of actively changing the Columbus community to provide children the earliest possible opportunity to develop a healthy lifestyle and to reduce their risk of overweight and obesity. By joining GHKC coalition you will be partnering with more than 40 other organizations working together to promote the same messages in an effort to reduce childhood overweight and obesity through policy, systems and environment changes.
Our Shared Vision: Columbus is a community in which all children live ina smoke-free environment, have daily opportunities for active play, and haveaccess to nutritious foods so they enter kindergarten ready to live, learn andplay at their best.
To Join: Email Ali Segna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View our diverse Coalition Partners
Direct contact list of participating members
SAVE THE DATE!
Coalition meetings are held at Columbus Public Health.
2019 meetings are scheduled as follows:
- Tuesday January 29: 10 - 11:30 am, Room 119C
- Tuesday February 26: 10 - 11:30 am, Room 119C
- Tuesday March 26: 10 - 11:30 am, Room 119C
- Tuesday April 30: 10 - 11:30 am, Room 119C
- Tuesday May 21: 10 - 11:30 am, Room 119C
- Tuesday June 25: 10 - 11:30 am, Room 119C
- Tuesday July 30: 10 - 11:30 am, Room 119C
- Tuesday August 27: 10 - 11:30 am; Room 119C
- Tuesday September 24: 10 - 11:30 am, Room 119C
- Tuesday October 29: 10 - 11:30 am, Room 119C
- Tuesday December 3: 10 - 11:30 am, Room 119C
CAMPAIGN TOOLS AND RESOURCES