KCB Cleanup Guidelines
- It's not hard to organize a cleanup of a public area in Columbus.
- You provide the volunteers. Keep Columbus Beautiful will provide trash bags and will loan, subject to availability, gloves and tools for your cleanup.
- Subject to availability, Keep Columbus Beautiful will provide recycling boxes, liners and lids for your recycling drive or clothes collection.
- Cleanups are for litter collection, NOT household cleanouts.
Cleanup activities are to take place in public areas.
- If you should find
bulk refuse items
during your cleanup, please call 614-645-3111 immediately after your cleanup with the exact location and description (i.e., tires, appliances, etc.) of these items to arrange for collection.
Construction, remodeling and demolition waste cannot be collected by the Refuse Collection Division.
- Registration is due as soon as possible.
Don't forget to take pictures of your activity and send them in with your summary!
- If you need to postpone your cleanup to your rain date, please call (
immediately to make arrangements.
- If you have any questions concerning Keep Columbus Beautiful, call us at (
Register Your Event Online by clicking
or by printing
Furniture, mattresses, non-refrigerant appliances, carpet, and other miscellaneous household items are considered bulk items and must be scheduled for pick-up by calling 614-645-3111. Some bulk items are not collected by the Columbus Refuse Division. Examples include (but are not limited to): hazardous, flammable, or explosive materials; auto parts, cast iron materials, excavating and building materials, animal feces, refrigerated appliances, yard waste (picked up through the city's yard waste curbside service), tires, pianos, and pool tables.