The right foods can have a big impact on your family's health.
An easy way to learn about which foods are lower in fat and calories is to think in terms of GO, SLOW, and WHOA.
GO Foods are:
- Lowest in fat and sugar
- Relatively low in calories
- "Nutrient dense" (rich in vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients important to health)
- Great to eat anytime
SLOW Foods are:
- Higher in fat, added sugar, and calories
- To be eaten sometimes/less often
WHOA Foods are:
- Highest in fat and added sugar
- "Calorie-dense" (high in calories)
- Often low in nutrients
- To be eaten only once in a while/on special occasions, in small portions
Click here to learn more...
Source: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute