File an Accident Report
If you have been involved in an accident, and need to file a Crash Report, please read and follow the below instructions:
1. Be sure that the accident occurred within the geographical boundaries of the City of Columbus. You may not file a report with the Columbus Division of Police that did not occur within the City limits. If your accident occurred within another jurisdiction, you must contact that jurisdiction to file the report. If you are not sure, call the Columbus Police non-emergency number at (614) 645-4545.
2. The form you are requesting is in a PDF format. In order to print a copy of the form you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you do not have that program, you may download a free copy of it by using the link provided here: Adobe Acrobat Reader
3. Open & Print the Crash Report Instruction Sheet
4. Open & Print the Crash Report
5. To complete electronically and submit via email, open this (Fillable) Crash Report, save it to your desktop, complete the form, and hit the blue "Submit" button located at the bottom of the form.
(Please Note: Electronic submission is only suited on desktop devices, and will only function properly if a default email application is set up on your computer.)
6. If printing and mailing a Crash Report, follow the directions on the (above) Instruction Sheet, and please don't forget to sign the report! You may mail the report to the address included on the second page of Instruction Sheet.