File an Offense Report Online
Welcome to the Columbus Division of Police Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please note the following:
You CANNOT file a report if:
- This is an Emergency. (Please call 911)
- If you need to file a Motor Vehicle Accident report please click HERE
- This incident occured OUTSIDE the Columbus City limits.
- There is suspect (s) information.
- Suspect information is name and address.
- You are reporting a theft offense, and the value of the stolen property is more than $3,000.
- You are reporting a theft offense, and the stolen property is a firearm (gun), license plates, a stolen motor vehicle, or hazardous material.
- You are reporting Property Destruction, and the damage is valued at more than $3,000.
- There is evidence to indicate that this is a hate crime or bias relate.
- There is any physical evidence connected to the crime that needs to be collected (i.e. blood, obvious fingerprints).
If you confirmed any of the above statements, you CANNOT file your report online; you must call the Columbus Police Radio Room at 614-645-4545 where you will be prompted to speak with a dispatcher so that an officer can respond to take a report. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered "yes" to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Submitting Additional Information (Continuation Sheet)
If you need to add to your existing police report, (i.e. additional stolen property) and would like to complete electronically and submit via email, open this (Fillable) Continuation Sheet*, save it to your desktop, complete the form, and hit the blue "Submit" button located at the bottom of the form.
(Please Note: Electronic submission is only suited on desktop devices, and will only function properly if a default email application is set up on your computer.)
You may report identity theft (with no suspects) online through our COPLOGIC Reporting System. If you do not want to file your report online you can call (614) 645-4717, select the prompt for an OA callback. Leave your name and telephone number and an Office Assistant will return your call and take a report.
If you are reporting a lost or stolen bicycle and you are enrolled in The City Of Columbus’ “Bug Your Bike” program, please notate this in the narrative section of your COPLOGIC report. If you would like to register a bicycle that is not already lost or stolen please go to https://www.columbus.gov/BugYourBike/
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a temporary police report case number.
- Be notified of any problems with your report once it has been viewed by a Office Assistant.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All police reports filed online will be reviewed by a Office Assistant before being accepted by the Columbus Division of Police .
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Once your online report has been approved by a Office Assistant, you will receive a permanent case number and a .pdf copy as an attachment by email within approximately five business days.
- In the attached report, sensitive information has been replaced with ****** in order to maintain privacy in emails.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Columbus Division of Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents:
- Attempt Theft of Motor Vehicle
- Harassing Phone Call
- Identity Theft
- Lost Property
- Property Damage
- Theft from Motor Vehicle
(To begin filling an on-line report, please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking.)
To add information or property to a police report that has already been filed , please read below before proceeding!
If you have already filed a police report, either on-line or in person with a police officer, you can use this feature to add the following information to your report:
- Additional Property
- Serial Numbers
- Model Numbers
- Additional Information
To add additional information to a report that has already been filed you will need the following information:
- The report number
- The name of the officer who filed the report (only if the report was taken by an officer instead of filed on-line)