Applicants will be removed from the eligibility list for any of the following reasons:
- Failure to disclose or acknowledge the use or purchase of any illegal drug(s), and at a subsequent stage in the process, admitting to the use of an illegal drug as an adult.
- Providing substantially inconsistent responses regarding illegal drug(s) or alcohol used or purchased by the applicant as an adult.
- Failure to disclose or acknowledge any disqualifying behavior or activity on the part of the applicant, as an adult, relative to, and governed by any of the Background Removal Standards.
- Failure or refusal to answer or respond to oral or written questions during any phase of the selection process.
- Any attempt to distort the polygraph examination results.
- Use or attempted use of political influence to secure employment.
Note: For purposes of this standard, and Background Removal Standard H., the “use” of drugs occurs when an applicant smokes, puffs, ingests, tastes, injects, inhales, or otherwise tries, any illegal drug, including but not limited to, marijuana, cocaine, anabolic steroids, or chemical inhalants.