Spirit of Public Health Award
What is the Spirit of Public Health Award?
The Spirit of Public Health Award honors exceptional Columbus Public Health staff members who have shown that spirit of public health through their work or volunteers efforts.
The award is presented annually to Columbus Public Health staff members that demonstrate exceptional commitment to improving public health in one or more of the following ways:
- Outstanding client/customer service
- Coordinating or developing innovative efforts to improve public health
- Leadership in addressing an emerging health concern
- Mentoring/Coaching other CPH colleagues to demonstrate improvement in job performance
- Professional development and use of acquired skills to significantly improve client service or department programming
- Efforts outside of normal work responsibilities to improve health and safety of our community
Who is eligible?
Any Columbus Public Health Department employee may receive the award, provided they meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Minimum of one full year continuous service with the Department.
- Most recent annual performance review completed with overall minimum of “Successful” rating for MCP staff; minimum “fully competent” rating in each AFSCME category with no “unacceptable” scores.
- No disciplinary action within past year, and no pending disciplinary actions or current investigations that could lead to disciplinary action.
- An employee is prohibited from winning the award in two consecutive years.
How are people nominated?
Staff can be nominated by other CPH staff or by the public. Nomination forms can be submitted online, by fax, by mail or hand delivered at any time during the year. Nominations are for individuals only – no teams or pairs.
Nominations are accepted at any time of the year and are considered for the next available award. The deadline for the 2020 Awards is January 31, 2020.
How are people selected?
CPH’s Office of Human Resources administers the award, with assistance from a volunteer committee of CPH staff who make the award selections.
What do recipients get?
The award winners are announced annually at the Columbus Public Health All-Staff Meeting. Winners also receive a resolution by the Board of Health, various recognitions with staff and public, and $100 award (less taxes and appropriate deductions).
How do I nominate someone?
Forms can be submitted 3 ways:
- Complete online form
- Fax printed form to Tracy Poling at (614) 645-7637
- Mail or hand deliver printed form to:
Columbus Public Health, Human Resources
240 Parsons Ave., Columbus, OH 43215