LGBTQ+ Recovery Group
LGBTQ+ Services (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer & Questioning+).
Professional, caring services catered to the LGBTQ community that emphasize hope and recovery from alcohol or drug abuse.
- Assessment, individual, and group counseling
- Groups for individuals of all genders
- Outpatient treatment
- Coming out and self-acceptance
- Establishing family of choice
- Coping with social stigma and heterosexism
- Addressing internalized negative beliefs
- Emotional and physical safety
Why LGBTQ-Specific Services
The LGBTQ community experiences substance abuse at much higher rates than the general population. Why is this? Though acceptance has grown for the LGBTQ community in recent years, homophobia and transphobia have persisted, leading often to violence, discrimination, and barriers to care for the community. The LGBTQ group offers a safe space to share and get support.
How to Enroll/Refer
Contact the Alcohol & Drug Abuse Program at 614-645-6839.