About the Program
REAL Life stands for Respect, Empower, Achieve and Lead. The REAL Life program is designed for youth and young adults (ages 14-24). It offers safe and
constructive alternatives to violence, including mentorship through enrichment activities.
Where the Program is Offered
collaboration with Recreation and Parks, the REAL Life program is held at five community centers on
a rotating basis, Thursday through Saturday, from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
What the Program Offers
- Large group educational events
- Small group activities focusing on:
- Recreational and art activities
- Special community events
- Drug free alternative activities
Other Activities Include:
- Community service learning activities
- Cultural programs and events
- Drug-free social and recreational activities
- Mentoring programs
- Leadership activities
- Community team building
- Linking youth to young adults through:
- Positive peer relationships
This program is grant funded through
ADAMH. If you would like to start this
program at your location or have questions call 614-645-6839.