Columbus Public Health Office of Vital Statistics offers ordering of birth and death certificates online through VitalChek.com - a private, for-profit company at vitalchek.com.
CPH is not yet able to offer this service directly.
- Payment to Vitalchek is required at the time of order by debit or credit card only. Your debit or credit card statement will show payment to Vitalchek.
- Each certificate ordered costs $25, plus an additional fee of $9.95 (per total order).
- Orders made through Vitalchek are typically processed and mailed via U.S. Postal Service 7 – 10 business days once the Office of Vital Statistics has received the order from Vitalchek and if the information is available on the State of Ohio records system (this can delay the order if it is not yet in this system).
- Vitalchek offers expedited mail service within the United States through UPS Express Service by calling 1-877-648-0605 or at vitalchek.com for an additional fee per order of:
- $17.50 for overnight service
- $15.00 for 2 – 3 day service