Walk-in Same Day Service
Temporary Closure of Walk-in Services - Beginning March 16
To help prevent the spread of illness, walk-in services for birth and death records will not be available at Columbus Public Health beginning March 16, 2020, until further notice. Applications can be submitted online, by phone or by mail.
Mail (include application and $25 payment [check* or money order]):
- Franklin County Office of Vital Statistics - Columbus Public Health
- 240 Parsons Ave., Columbus, OH 43215
- Birth certificates for new births typically takes 8 – 10 weeks to become available, depending on getting information from the birth hospital or center and registration within the State of Ohio records system.
For Faster Service
Print and complete the application from the link below, and bring it to Columbus Public Health, Office of Vital Statistics.
- Payment for certified copies of birth or death certificates is due prior to receipt of the documents at our Cashier’s Office.
- The Cashier’s Office accepts cash, personal checks, certified checks, money orders, or debit or credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card only).
- All payments are processed within 24 hours of receipt.