The Chemical Emergency Preparedness Advisory Council (CEPAC) of Franklin County serves as the official Local Emergency Planning Committee. This council performs the duties outlined in Title III (Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act) of the Superfund Amendments Reauthorization Act (SARA) (United States Public Law 99-499 and Chapter 3750 of the Ohio Revised Code and as appointed by the State of Ohio.
These powers and duties outlined in the law require CEPAC to perform the following:
- Develop a comprehensive emergency response plan for the county;
- Distribute the emergency plan and make it publicly available;
- Receive and maintain a database of reports and chemical inventory information as specified throughout SARA Title III;
- Receive and process requests for chemical inventory and emergency response information from the public;
- Establish procedures for conducting its public information responsibilities;
- Notify the public of committee activities and public meetings to discuss the emergency plan;
- Handle and respond to public comments on the emergency plan.
CEPAC maintains public reports and chemical inventory information. Find out how you can request this type of information in this Community Right-to-Know informational sheet.
How to File a Chemical Report
CEPAC Council Meetings
Held three times a year, beginning at 9:00 am, at the Columbus Public Health (240 Parsons Ave, Columbus, OH). The location of the meetings do change, the days and time of the meetings do not. For updated meeting locations for a specific meeting day, please contact CEPAC's information coordinator at 614-645-7944 or at email@example.com.
- February 22, 2019 9:00am -11:00am, at Franklin County Emergency Management & Homeland Security
- Second Friday of June
- Last Friday of October
Need a speaker or want to learn more about chemical emergency preparedness?
CEPAC offers an informative presentation on how to identify hazardous chemicals. CEPAC can also present an overview of what we do as a council, as well as create presentations tailored to your organization.
Call 614-645-7944 for more information.
Tier 2 Reporting Workshop Materials