The Creating Healthy Communities program at Columbus Public Health is here to help you create worksite wellness policies and environment changes that support healthy lifestyles for your employees! By adopting at least one healthy policy, you are helping to create an environment so the healthy choice becomes the easy choice.
EXAMPLES OF HEALTHY WORKSITE POLICIES
- When beverages are served at meetings, only water, 100% fruit juice or fat-free or 1% milk will be served. No sugar sweetened beverages such as lemonade, sodas, sports drinks or juice drinks will be served.
- To support the health and wellness of our employees, we support walking meetings, standing meetings, and/or physical activity breaks during meetings that are over an hour.
HEALTHY POLICIES BENEFITS - Once you adopt at least 1 policy, you can receive these great benefits!
Water First for Thirst (while supplies last):
- Water pitcher or jug
- Reusable cups with lids
- Infused water bottles
- Promotional messaging
- Rubber floor mats
Bike Share Program (while supplies last):
- 2 bikes
- 1 bike rack
- Bike locks
Walking Maps - Map of a safe walking rout around your worksite
Support from a Registered Dietitian:
- To help create healthy menus
- To help create an environment for healthy choices
- To help create a healthy vending machine
Training - Offering training on policy development and implementation on:
- Healthy food access
- Increased opportunity for physical activity
- Becoming a breastfeeding-friendly organization
Technical Assistance - Personalized support to your worksite, including:
- Evaluation of your current environment
- Realistic suggestions for improvements
- Support, resources and tools to implement changes
Email: [email protected]