Growing Healthy Kids Columbus Coalition
Growing Healthy Kids Columbus (GHKC) coalition was convened in May 2009 to help develop the City of
Columbus Early Childhood Obesity Prevention Plan. The coalition was initially funded by the Ohio Department of Health's Office of Healthy Ohio Community Obesity Prevention Program Grant and has been sustained by Columbus Public Health and the commitment of our partners.
The GHKC coalition is facilitated by Columbus Public Health in partnership with Ohio State University Extension and brings together organizations from throughout the city with the goal of actively changing the Columbus community to provide children the earliest possible opportunity to develop a healthy
lifestyle and to reduce their risk of overweight and obesity. By joining GHKC coalition you will be partnering with more than 40 other organizations working together to promote the same messages in an effort to reduce childhood overweight and obesity through policy, systems and environment changes.
Our Shared Vision: Columbus is a community in which all children have daily opportunities for active play and access to nutritious foods that lead to children entering kindergarten ready to live, learn and play at their best.
To Join: Email Ali Segna at
View our diverse Coalition Partners
Direct contact list of participating members
SAVE THE DATE!
Coalition meetings are held at Columbus Public Health. 2017 meetings are scheduled as follows:
- Tuesday January 31, 2017 10 - 11:30 am, Room 119C
- Tuesday February 28, 2017 10 - 11:30 am, Room 119C
- Tuesday March 28, 2017 10 - 11:30 am, Room 119C
- Tuesday April 25, 2017 Healthy Gatherings Workshop 8:30 am - noon, Auditorium
- Tuesday May 23, 2017 10 - 11:30 am, Room 119E
- Tuesday June 27, 2017 10 - 11:30 am, Room 119C
- Tuesday July 25, 2017 10 - 11:30 am, Room 119C
- Tuesday August 29, 2017 10 - 11:30 am; Room 119C
- Tuesday September 26, 2017 10 - 11:30 am, Room 119C
- Tuesday October 31, 2017 10 - 11:30 am, Room 119C
- Tuesday December 5, 2017 10 - 11:30 am, Room 119C
CAMPAIGN TOOLS AND RESOURCES