Adults with No Insurance
Columbus Public Health currently provides all routinely recommended adult vaccines free of charge for people 19 years of age or older, who have no health insurance, or meet certain specific criteria.
Adults with Health Insurance
- ONLY the flu vaccine is available for adults with any form of health insurance.
- Adults who carry any form of health insurance are advised to go to their provider or check availability of vaccines at any local pharmacy. They may also check our list of local resources .
What You Should Bring For Your Immunization Visit:
- Vaccination record (your doctor can fax records to 614 645-1784)
- Insurance Card (private flu vaccine only)
- I.D. Card
Note: All vaccines are subject to availability and certain conditions may apply. You may call (614-645-7945) in advance to ensure that we have the vaccine in stock.
What Vaccines Do You Need?
Fees and Payment Information
- Columbus Public Health does not provide travel immunization.
- For a full list of recommended adult vaccines, refer to the the CDC vaccination schedule for adults.
- Columbus Public Health strictly adheres to the vaccine schedules established by the CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), and does not provide immunizations off label.
- Some vaccines for high-risk conditions may require a prescription from a physician.
- Recommendations for getting the adult pneumonia vaccine have been expanded to include smoking and asthma.
- Columbus Public Health does not carry pneumonia vaccine for the expanded recommendations, but you can check our list of other local sources.