Active Living - Program Information
The Institute for Active Living was created in 2008 to reduce
and prevent chronic diseases such as obesity and diabetes by developing
strategies to increase healthy eating and physical activity and helping
community partners implement them.
The Institute for Active Living creates a more active, healthy
- Providing support and resources to more than 100 community
- Supporting access to nutritious food through Produce to Pantry
- Partnering with Community Kitchen to create cooking
demonstrations and nutrition education for families
- Providing bicycles for kids and opportunities for play
- Partnering with Walk with a Doc and other community walking
clubs and programs
- Linking families to tools and knowledge on how to get moving in
their own neighborhoods: www.getactivecolumbus.com
You can help; become a volunteer or donor and support Active
Living. We currently engage more than 50 area partners and would love to add
you to our list!
The Foundation is donor-advised fund in the
Columbus Foundation to support the Institute's work.
- Columbus Public Health programs
- Health Advisory Committees
- Non-profit organizations