Lead Poisoning Prevention is part of our
Healthy Homes Program
to provide childhood lead testing and follow-up services for children with lead poisoning in Columbus and Worthington.
- Lead inspections for homes with lead poisoned children;
- Free HEPA vacuum loan for lead hazard clean-up;
- Presentations to Columbus community organizations, neighborhood associations, day care centers, and school staff;
- Displays of lead educational information at fairs and special events;
- Referral services for landlords, tenants, and homeowners.
under age 6 must be tested for lead poisoning if they live in or spend time in
homes built before 1978.
children who have contact often with an adult who works with lead through work
or a hobby must also be tested. These adults should also be monitored for lead
Testing can be done through your child’s physician’s office. If
your child does not have a physician or medical insurance, you can find
services at the following medical clinics; if you cannot afford testing for
your child, please call us at (614) 724-6000:
Primary One Health
Inspection Service - Franklin County Public Health
Franklin County Public Health offers a lead inspection service
for a fee if you live in a home built before 1978 that’s located in Franklin
County. Learn more.
Inspectors and Lead Abatement Contractors in Ohio
Department of Health maintains a list of all licensed inspectors and lead
abatement contractors in Ohio. Learn
with questions about finding services and information to prevent lead poisoning
at (614) 724-6000.