Newborn Home Visiting Program Information
Registered Nurses provide home visits to new mothers and babies to help them get off to the best start in life.
The Newborn Home Visit
All visits are done in the family's home and interpretation services are available. Home visits are funded by Columbus Public Health and are no charge to families.
The visit includes:
- A health checkup of the mother and baby by a registered nurse
- Information about finding a source of medical care for the family if it is needed
- Information on normal baby growth, safety and nutrition
- Information about important baby immunizations (shots) and where to get them
- Interpretation services if needed
- Referral and linkage to other services as needed
- A Certified Lactation Counselor for breastfeeding concerns and support
Who Is Eligible for A Newborn Home Visit
- Mothers, especially first-time moms, living in Columbus and Franklin County.
- Mothers of babies from birth to 6 weeks old.
Welcoming Your New Baby
Families will receive a special gift bag during their Newborn Home Visit containing wonderful information to help you care for your baby. Contents may vary to include a special gift for you.
How to Get A Visit
Contact the Newborn Home Visiting program:
Phone: (614)724-BABY (2229)
Fax: (614) 645-8324
All home visits are at no charge to families.