Overdose and Addiction
Overdose and Addiction Surveillance
Columbus Public Health, in collaboration with community partners, collects and reports on local data related to addiction. We continue to add new data sources, but currently, we track:
- Overdose deaths (as reported on death certificates)
- Suspected overdoses seen in emergency departments
- Hepatitis C
- Selected syringe service program data
- Patients treated by Columbus Division of Fire for suspected drug overdose
- Prescriptions given for opioids and other drugs
- Babies diagnosed with Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS)
These dashboards provide up-to-date data on overdose treatment, outcomes and disease prevention in Columbus and Franklin County, Ohio.
Comprehensive Addiction-Related Data (initially released Feb 2020)
This report is updated quarterly and provides a comprehensive overview of addiction-related data for Columbus and Franklin County.
Suspected overdoses- EMS Runs and ED Visits (2016 to Current)
This report is updated weekly to provide information on patients treated by Columbus Division of Fire for suspected drug overdose, and patients who present in Franklin County emergency department for suspected overdose.
To download a PDF snapshot of the dashboard:
- Open the dashboard by clicking on a data display link above.
- Select the download icon located in the icon ribbon on the bottom right hand corner and select PDF.
- Select "Create PDF" and download.