Worksites - Seasonal Flu
Seasonal Influenza Information
Influenza (flu) is a respiratory illness that can be serious, sometimes leading to hospitalization and even death.
Getting a flu vaccine is easy, and it is the single best way to protect yourself and your loved ones from flu.
Key Flu Facts
- Health experts recommend that all people 6 months of age and older get a flu vaccine every year.
- Flu vaccine comes as an injection or nasal spray. Talk to your healthcare provider about which type is best for you.
- You cannot get the flu from the flu vaccine.
- You need a flu shot every year.
- The flu vaccine is safe. Over the years, hundreds of millions of Americans have received seasonal flu vaccines. More about vaccine safety.
Tools for Worksites
Tools to help spread the word and stop the flu at your worksite.
Flu vaccines are offered in many locations including doctor’s offices, clinics, health departments, pharmacies, and college health centers, as well as many employers and even in some schools.