School Based Health Services
Supplemental Health Services for Columbus City School Students
School-Based Supplemental Health Services are being offered to any Columbus City School student through a partnership of Columbus City Schools (CCS), Columbus Public Health, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, and OhioHealth.
This one consent form replaces many of the different permission forms required to provide these services for your child.
Print form here (Spanish version).
Why school-based services?
Healthy students make better learners. The goal is to help improve the health and well-being of students so that they can be successful in school.
When and where are these services offered?
The health services offered provide quality healthcare in a friendly and familiar school setting at a time that works well for the student and family. Some Supplemental Services may not be available at all CCS school buildings (check with your school nurse for questions about service availability).
What are these services?
- Columbus Public Health
- Alcohol and drug abuse education, prevention counseling
- STD testing
- Dental Sealants
- Pregnancy testing
- Nationwide Children's Hospital
- School-based Behavioral Health
- School-based Primary Care Services
- Wellness on Wheels Sports Physicals
See description of services - Health Services Information (English) / (Spanish version here)
Will There Still Be School Nurse?
Yes. School nursing and emergency services will still be provided as always whether or not you choose to take part in these added services.
How Do I Sign my Child Up for these Services?
- Sign the consent form / (Spanish version here)
- Return the consent form to your child’s school
- Throughout the school year, notify the school nurse with all updates or changes to your child’s health condition(s), immunization (shot) records, medications or health insurance
- A signed consent form stays valid throughout the 2016-2017 school year (12-month academic year). You can revoke it at any time in writing to have your child removed from services.
Talk with your school nurse or call 3-1-1 (614-645-3111)
Notice of Privacy Practices for Service Providers
Copies of these and blank consent forms are also available at any Columbus City School building upon request.