Short North Parking Plan
The Department of
Public Service is pleased to present the final Short North Parking Plan that is
expected to begin on January 22nd, 2019.
City staff are
currently installing new parking regulatory signage throughout the Short North.
The new signage is being covered up with a bag that has the old signage printed
on it to maintain existing parking restrictions as applicable to the
street. Over Martin Luther King, Jr's Birthday Weekend, staff will remove
the bags and the new signage will be displayed. Enforcement will begin on Tuesday, January 22nd.
To apply for permits:
If you are a resident, business or institution within the SN zones and wish to apply for permits online, click here.
If you already have an existing SN Parking Permit and wish to manage your account, click here.
To apply by mail or in person, complete the Resident Permit Application and submit to:
2700 Impound Lot Road
Columbus, Ohio 43207
For Parking Services hours of operations, click here
When applying for permits, please be prepared to submit the following documentation:
- Government-issued photo ID
- Current vehicle registration
- Proof of residency (one of the following): mortgage statement, property tax bill, signed lease (by landlord and tenant), or a utility bill (gas, electric, water, or landline telephone bill only)
If you have been denied a permit, would like to request additional permits, or your property is ineligible, you may file an appeal by completing the appeals form. Please submit the appeal to email@example.com
Applications forms (for those choosing to apply by mail or in person):
Resident Permit Application, click here
Business Permit Application, click here
Institution Permit Application, click here
Property Owner Permit Application (for owners of multiple properties within a zone), click here
Vehicle Permissive Use Form, click here
To learn more about the SN parking plan and permit eligibility, please see the links below:
Determine if you are eligible for permits, click here
Map showing each permit zone, click here
Download the SN Parking Plan, click here
To learn more about the online permit system, mobile payment and enforcement, please see the links below.
Online application process, click here
Online customer portal, click here
ParkColumbus mobile payment app and guest pass solution, click here
License plate recognition technology, click here
Below are the policies that govern the new parking plan. Please click on the links below to learn more.
1. UPDATED Permit Parking Rules and Regulations: Governs how permit parking is established and modified; general rules for issuing permits; eligibility requirements for residents, guests, businesses and others; and annual permit fees.
2. Parking Benefit District Rules and Regulations: Establishes guidelines for creating a Parking Benefit District (PBD) in areas with higher than optimal parking demand. A PBD reinvests a portion of the paid on-street parking revenue into a defined area to enhance the quality of life for residents and businesses and promote alternate forms of transportation.
3. Parking Meter Rate Adjustment Rules and Regulations: Establishes guidelines to provide a transparent process that requires the use of key performance measures and evaluations to adjust parking rates to obtain the desired on-street occupancy.