Joyce Avenue Improvements
This joint project between the departments of Public Service and Public Utilities will increase pedestrian, motorist and bicyclist safety; improve roadway appearance; add stormwater drainage facilities and encourage redevelopment in the corridor.
Joyce between Kenmore Road and alley north of Hudson Street, Hudson between Cleveland and Parkwood avenues
- Completed in autumn 2013.
Joyce between 12th Avenue and northern edge of Maloney Park, 17th Avenue between Brentnell Avenue and 300 feet west of Billiter Boulevard
- Completed in autumn 2015.
Joyce between Kenmore Road and northern edge of Maloney Park
- Final design has been completed. Utility relocation started in spring 2016 and construction started August 23, 2016, expecting to finish in autumn 2017. Estimated cost: $8.4 million.
Current plans for Phase 3 include:
- Widening and resurfacing Joyce from two to three lanes in several sections
- Addition of curbs, gutters, sidewalks, street lighting, trees, stormwater system and Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps
- Construction of shared-use path for bicyclists, pedestrians and mobility-impaired people
- Installation of upgraded traffic signals and signage
Contact Information for Phase 3:
City of Columbus construction project manager Thomas Murphy, P.E., 645-8455
Designer: DLZ, Ohio
Construction Contractor: Complete General Construction