Scioto Peninsula-W. Broad Street
Description and Benefits:
This project consists of improvements to the Scioto
Peninsula area. The city of Columbus will reconstruct and improve West Broad
Street between the Scioto River and McDowell Street.
Project improvements include:
- Roadway reconstruction.
- Storm water and water line upgrades
- Pedestrian safety improvements, including a crosswalk with a
pedestrian hybrid beacon near COSI and the Veterans Memorial
- Green elements such as a bio-retention basins
- Streetscape improvements including a planted median and
- Bicycle lanes
- New 11-foot wide sidewalks
- Street trees and landscaping
- Traffic signal and lighting upgrades
- Resurfacing of West Broad Street, east of the river up to S.
Right-of-Way Acquisition: $3,500,000
Construction: Spring 2016 – spring 2017, weather permitting
Design Project Manager: Richard Ortman, P.E., Tel (614) 645-5465
Construction Project Manager: Jacob
Slechter, P.E., Tel (614) 724-2625
Contractor: George J. Igel