Perform a waste audit of your business.
Learn how to perform a waste audit at Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio.
Track your monthly waste.
Use this handy waste tracking tool from swaco.org
Establish a business-wide recycling program that includes—at a minimum—glass, aluminum, plastic bottles, steel, and paper.
Visit swaco.org to get information about your local recycling subscription program.
Buy supplies made with recycled materials.
Stock at least 5 new or existing recycled-content products.
- When creating mailings, design them so they don't require an envelope.
- E-mail or post staff memos and schedules in a central place instead of printing copies for each employee.
- Communicate electronically—instead of on paper—whenever possible.
- Buy products in returnable, reusable, or recyclable containers.
- Purchase or obtain used office furniture.
- We will provide our customers with an online payment option.
- We will buy customer recognition and/or promotional gifts that are made with recycled and/or recyclable materials.