Create and display an environment policy or mission statement.
It shows customers you're committed to improving their communities. And, it's easy! Check out the following GreenSpot business members' statements: White Castle, Columbus State, Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, as well as the City of Columbus' environmental policy.
Measure your compliance with local, federal, health, safety, and environmental regulations.
Find a list of regulations by visiting the national and Ohio chapters of the Environmental Protection Agency.
In January of each year submit your green initiatives you've begun.
Use your MyGreenSpot dashboard to submit your green successes.
- Set aside time at each staff meeting to talk about your green efforts.
- Track and post utility bills in a common employee space.
- Openly encourage employees to be responsible environmental stewards in their personal lives.
- Keep employees informed about your green efforts by including updates in newsletters and bulletins.
- Post a list of the requirements for becoming a GreenSpot business where both customers and employees can see it.
- We will openly encourage employees to become GreenSpot at home.
- We will challenge a neighboring business to become a GreenSpot by referring them to the GreenSpot website.