Tax Facts

Did You Know:

  • Your mailing address, i.e. area post office or school district does not always reflect the taxing jurisdiction in which you live. Not sure where you actually live? Lookup your taxing jurisdiction on
  • You are responsible for paying additional tax if the tax rate where you live is greater than where you work.
  • Social security benefits, pension income, welfare payments, state unemployment, workers compensation, interest and dividends are not subject to city tax.
  • The filing deadline for calendar year taxpayers is April 15th. All extension requests must be submitted on or before this date.
  • If you do not have city tax withheld from your earnings, you must file a declaration of estimated tax and remit quarterly installments totaling that estimate to the Income Tax Division.
  • You do not need to file a return if you were under 18 years of age during the entire tax year. In fact, if your employer withheld tax from your wages, you are eligible for a refund.