2020 Filing Season Information
Forms available: Individual, corporate, and employer filing forms and instructions are available in the Forms section of the Income Tax Division website. The City of Columbus Income Tax Division uses Adobe fillable PDF forms. Most browsers can display the PDF, but the fillable features will be disabled. To use the forms provided by the City of Columbus Income Tax Division, we recommend you download the forms and open them using the newest version of Acrobat Reader.
Filing deadlines: 2019 City Annual Returns, Requests for Extensions, and 2020 Declarations of Estimated Tax are due on July 15, 2020 for most individual and business taxpayers. First and second quarter estimated payments for tax year 2020 are also due July 15. These deadlines were to July 15 due to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Penalty and interest rates: Effective January 1st, 2020, the penalty rate for late payment of taxes is 15%. Employer withholding payments not received timely will be subject to a penalty rate of 50%. The interest rate for tax year 2020 is 7%.
Annual Newsletter: The Income Tax Division's annual newsletter provides information on federal tax law updates and their impact to City returns, changes within the Division, and filing information. Check out this year's newsletter here.
Where's my refund?: Information regarding refund processing can be found here.
Drop-off preparation services available:Our team of experienced auditors are happy to help taxpayers file their City of Columbus return. Taxpayers can drop off returns for our team to prepare at the following address:
- Address: 77 N Front Street, Columbus OH 43215
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Parking: Free parking for those conducting business with our office is available in the City parking garage at 141 N Front Street, just north of the Michael B. Coleman Government Center.
- What to bring:
- Copies of W-2’s from all employers
- Copies of any 1099 forms receive
- Copy of Federal 1040 Pages 1 and 2; any attached schedules (e.g. Schedules C, E, or F)