Victim / Witness Services Unit
The Victim/ Witness Services Unit is a part of the Major Crime Bureau. The primary goal is to assist victims/ witnesses that are effected by a major violent crime, assisting victims/witnesses to regain normalcy in their lives. Empowering them to overcome the negative circumstances they have experienced. This may include physical, mental and financial trauma.
• Provide copy of the Victim Rights Law.
• Provide victim/witnesses with a list of services/ referrals that can help them during their traumatic incident.
• Keep a level of continuity and build a level of trust and maintain a positive relationship with victim/witnesses.
• Be a liaison between the Victim and Detectives working on their case.
• Work with local Victim/ Witness advocate groups and speak with the community at various times about what the unit provides.
The Victim/ Witness Services Unit is located at The Columbus Division of Police HQ’s Major Crimes Bureau, 120 Marconi Blvd, Columbus, OH 43215
Victim/ Witness Service Number: 614-645-4674
Victim / Witness Service Brochure PDF
Ohio Victims’ of Crime Compensation Program – 614-466-5610
Toll free numbers: Specific Case info: 800-582-2877
General info: 877-584-2846 (877-5VICTIM)
Marsy’s Law – Victims’ Rights Information
Marsy’s Law for Ohio Facts (marsyslawforoh.com)
Marsy's Law - Additional Links
VINE is a free, secure, and confidential way to access custody status and criminal case information. Register for notifications and stay informed.
Ohio VINE: 1-800-770-0192
VINELink - Ohio (vineapps.com)