The Mission of the Education department is to enable all Columbus Children to succeed in Columbus’ vibrant and growing economy and to develop into a highly-skilled, creative, entrepreneurial workforce that will propel economic growth in the 21st Century. To get there the department will leverage the resources of the entire community to meet those goals.
Early Start Columbus at the Linden Ready! Neighborhood Early Childhood Education Center Grant Info & Application
The Linden Ready! Neighborhood Early Childhood Education Center is a collaborative effort to provide high-quality prekindergarten services in a dynamic partnership among the City of Columbus Department of Education, Columbus City Schools and community-based prekindergarten providers. The grant application period closed July 5, 2016 at 5:00PM, and the Department is no longer accepting applications.
Download the grant application
6-20-16 Technical Assistance Meeting Q & A
The Department of Education is committed to a new community compact for educational excellence. The Community Vision is that every child is ready for the future:
• Every Columbus child is kindergarten ready.
• We will undertake a community-wide effort to recruit, retain and support
outstanding school leadership empowered to make school-based decisions.
• Every child’s classroom will have the capacity to support state-of-the-art teaching
tools and date.
• Every child will attend a high performing school.
• Every student will be given pathways to college and career.
• Our community will embrace the well-being of all our children.
An early start to education is the right start for children in our Community. Find out about Early Start Columbus and the work the Department of Education is doing so that by 2020 all 4-year-olds living in the Columbus City Schools District are kindergarten ready. learn more