1120 Morse Road
Columbus Ohio 43229
Please note the standards below...
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be at least 20 years old to apply.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be a U.S. citizen (permanent residency is not accepted).
- Tried or purchased marijuana in the past 12 months.
- Tried or purchased any other illegal drug(s) in the last 3 years (EXCEPT Marijuana).
- Been convicted while operating a motor vehicle (OVI, DUI, or OMVI) while under the influence of alcohol or drugs within the last five (5) years.
- As an adult 18 or older:
- Been convicted of a felony offense(s) (Does not apply to misdemeanors (M1 - M4)).
- Verified, admitted or convicted of domestic violence within the last ten (10) years.
- Intentional violation of any protection order or temporary restraining order within seven (7) years.
- Non-compliance with court ordered child support, alimony or other financial responsibility within the preceding five (5) years.
- Received four (4) or more moving violations in the past three (3) years (Excluding parking tickets or seat belt violations).
Note: For a complete list of disqualifiers please read the entire Background Removal Standards for Police Officers and Police Communication Technicians provided by The City of Columbus Civil Service Commission.
- Sworn personnel shall have no visible piercing (other than ears) or tattoos on head, neck or hands. For a complete list of City Professional Appearance rules, click here.