The Columbus Division of Police offers an attractive wage and benefit package that is competitive with private business and other major police departments.
|Time||0–12 Months||12 Months||24 Months||36 Months||48 Months|
Pay StepsAs of December 9, 2016
Starting pay as a Recruit: $53,934.40 ($25.93 per hour)
Annual pay increases for first four years:
A-Step: 0 - 12 months
$25.93 / hourly
$53,934.40 / annually
B-Step: 12 - 24 months
$27.20 / hourly
$56,576.00 / annually
C-Step: 24 - 36 months
$28.58 / hourly
$59,446.40 / annually
D-Step: 36 - 48 months
$34.13 / hourly
$70,990.40 / annually
E-Step: Over 48 months
$39.70 / hourly
$82,576.00 / annually
NOTE: Promotional Opportunities are available.
Special Duty—Officers have the option of earning extra money by providing security and/or traffic control for private companies (outside of their duty hours) at the rate of $48.00/hour.
The Columbus Division of Police offers an attractive and competitive benefits package:
- Paid Training – At our non-residential training academy.
- College Tuition Reimbursement – After 1 year of service.
- Life Insurance – $100,000 paid to the officer’s estate.
- Health Insurance – Covers officer and family at a cost of $51.84 per month for single coverage and $185.48 for family coverage.
- Vision Care and Dental Plan – After 1 year of service.
- Health & Fitness Incentive (In-house Fitness Facilities).
- Leave Time – Vacation, Holiday, Sick, Family and Military.
- Fraternal Order of Police (F.O.P.) Union Representation.