The Columbus Division of Police offers an attractive wage and benefit package that is competitive with private business and other major police departments.
Pay StepsAs of December 9, 2016
Starting pay as a Recruit: $53,934.40 ($25.93 per hour)
Annual pay increases for first four years:
A-Step: 0 - 12 months
$25.93 / hourly
$53,934.40 / annually
B-Step: 12 - 24 months
$27.20 / hourly
$56,576.00 / annually
C-Step: 24 - 36 months
$28.58 / hourly
$59,446.40 / annually
D-Step: 36 - 48 months
$34.13 / hourly
$70,990.40 / annually
E-Step: Over 48 months
$39.70 / hourly
$82,576.00 / annually
NOTE: Promotional Opportunities are available.
Special Duty—Officers have the option of earning extra money by providing security and/or traffic control for private companies (outside of their duty hours) at the rate of $46.50/hour.
The Columbus Division of Police offers an attractive and competitive benefits package:
- Paid Training – At our non-residential training academy.
- College Tuition Reimbursement – After 1 year of service.
- Life Insurance – $100,000 paid to the officer’s estate.
- Health Insurance – Covers officer and family at a cost of $51.84 per month for single coverage and $185.48 for family coverage.
- Vision Care and Dental Plan – After 1 year of service.
- Health & Fitness Incentive (In-house Fitness Facilities).
- Leave Time – Vacation, Holiday, Sick, Family and Military.
- Fraternal Order of Police (F.O.P.) Union Representation.