What Should Not Go In With Regular Trash?
- Yard Waste (Please visit our Yard Waste Page for disposal options for these items.)
- Furniture or pieces of furniture
- Construction materials
- Household Hazardous Waste (Please visit our Household Hazardous Waste Page for disposal options for these items.)
- Tires, car batteries, and other automobile parts
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs)
- Refrigerated appliances (refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, heat pumps, water coolers and air conditioners)
- Dead animals
- Cooking oils and grease
For these items, please call a private hauler (check google local or the yellow pages under "Rubbish").
Dead Animal Collection
The Division of Refuse Collection collects dead animals in the public right-of-way
- One person, using a specialized pick-up truck, provides this service
- For collection of a dead animal on a city of Columbus street or sidewalk, call 645-5966
- Dead animals cannot be collected from within your house, basement or garage, or anywhere on your property.
- Please contact a private animal control company for animal removal from private property
- Veterinarians and some local funeral homes will accept dead animals.
- You may arrange to drop-off a dead animal by calling the Capital Area humane Society (614) 777-7387, extension 208.
- For the collection of dead animals on county roads or highways, contact the Franklin County Department of Highway Maintenance at (614) 462-3072.