Mayor Andrew J. Ginther and First Lady Shannon
Ginther are proud to announce six new Commissioners on the Columbus Women’s Commission.
The COVID-19 pandemic has made us more aware than ever of the disparities that exist in our community and, in particular, the significant impact of these disparities on women. Women are being forced to make difficult decisions as they attempt to balance school and work responsibilities.
The Columbus Women’s Commission compiled a playbook for local business leaders to provide potential workplace policies, programs and solutions to support their working families. It is our hope that this playbook will inform and inspire flexible, innovative workplace policies. We encourage central Ohio employers to collaborate with families so parents can fulfill both their parenting and work commitments.
Click here for the Playbook: Back to School Playbook for Employers
SIX ACTION STEPS
- Start the conversation of implicit bias, unequal pay, etc with family and friends to raise awareness
- Encourage women to run for office
- Use social media tools to reach, engage, educate and empower the community to understand the issues and take action
- Stay informed on issues/bills at your State legislatures that impact women
- Build accountability measures to fight implicit bias within the workplace
- Continue to be open to learning and challenging existing systems