Support Services Bureau
Assistant Chief Richard Ballard
The Support Services Bureau was created in 1996's re-organization. Headed by Assistant Chief, Richard Ballard this Bureau oversees:
- Dispatching at The Fire Alarm Office
- Maintains firefighting Tools and Equipment.
- Administers Infectious Disease services for the firefighters
- Procures and provides all medical and station supplies
- Operates a SCBA repair shop (Mask Repair)
- Oversees fitness testing for the firefighters
- Provides operational oversight of the Administration Complex
- Repairs and launders firefighter turn-out gear
- Handles all Division land acquisition and construction.
The Support Services Bureau also acts as the Division's liaison with the City of Columbus' Facilities Management and Fleet Management Divisions.