Important tips for making the removal of the bagged litter and illegally dumped bulk items from your cleanup easy,
Three Words About Litter...Pick It Up!
We are proud of Columbus residents that make up our core litter cleanup volunteers. Throughout the year, thousands of Columbus residents make themselves available on evenings and weekends to roll up their sleeves and get the job done.
Keep Columbus Beautiful can provide your group with litter grabbers, safety vests, gloves, bags and other helpful tools to help pick up trash in your community. KCB will also coordinate with the City of Columbus Refuse Collection Division to have the collected trash picked up once the cleanup is completed.
Click here to see Cleanup Guidelines
Register Your Event Online by clicking here or by printing this form and returning it to us!
Click here or contact the 311 Service Center at (614) 645-3111 (simply dial 311 from most area phones) to more information.
Organizing a Community Cleanup
It is not hard to organize a cleanup in your neighborhood! Keep Columbus Beautiful can provide your group with trash bags, gloves and yard tools to help keep the trash in your community where it belongs- in the trash can. For a complete listing of the tools and supplies available for your use, see the section below. KCB can also coordinate with the City of Columbus Refuse Collection Division to have the collected trash picked up once the cleanup is completed.
Litter Cleanup Guidelines
- Register as soon as possible. Don't forget to take pictures of your cleanup and send them in with your summary!
- Keep Columbus Beautiful will provide trash bags and will loan, subject to availability, gloves and tools for your cleanup.
- Subject to availability, Keep Columbus Beautiful will provide recycling boxes, liners and lids for your recycling drive or clothes collection.
- Cleanups are for litter collection, NOT household cleanouts. Cleanup activities are to take place in public areas.
- If you should find bulk refuse items during your cleanup, please call (614) 645-3111 immediately after your cleanup with the exact location and description (i.e., tires, appliances, etc.) of these items to arrange for collection. NOTE: Construction, remodeling and demolition waste cannot be collected by the Refuse Collection Division.
- If you need to postpone your cleanup to your rain date, please call (614) 645-8047 immediately to make arrangements.
LIMITATIONS: Furniture, mattresses, non-refrigerant appliances, carpet, and other miscellaneous household items are considered bulk items and must be scheduled for pick-up by calling (614) 645-3111. Some bulk items are not collected by the Columbus Refuse Division. Examples include (but are not limited to): hazardous, flammable, or explosive materials; auto parts, cast iron materials, excavating and building materials, animal feces, refrigerated appliances, yard waste (picked up through the city's yard waste curbside service), tires, pianos, and pool tables.
Show your Columbus Pride and help Keep Columbus Beautiful!
Contact us via the Columbus 311 Service Center at (614) 645-3111, complete the online REGISTRATION FORM or print out the REGISTRATION FORM and mail it in. After your event, please don't forget to tell us about your success with the on-line event summary form.
Check out the Pick It Up Blog!