About Tobacco 21
About the Law:
The law prohibits tobacco sales, inclusive of all products and paraphernalia including hookah, e-cigarettes, pipes, rolling papers, etc. to anyone under the age of 21.
The City will:
- Require tobacco retailers to obtain and retain a Retail Tobacco and Paraphernalia Sales License, administered by Environmental Health here at CPH.
- Require ID for all tobacco and paraphernalia sales up to age 30.
- Require vendors to display CPH approved signage stating prohibition of sales to those under age 21.
- Prohibit the sale of tobacco and paraphernalia through vending machines.
- Create the authority to develop and administer a civil process designed to increase compliance and enforce the terms of the Retail Tobacco and Paraphernalia Sales License.
Any associated fines collected will be deposited into a Tobacco Enforcement and Education Fund administered by CPH.