Register as a volunteer
Help ensure everyone is aware of RecyColumbus! Register as a volunteer by completing the
Volunteer Recruitment Form (Please download form before submitting).
Volunteers may be asked to participate in the following ways:
- Give a presentation
- Staff a booth
- Distribute promotional materials
Schedule a tour
Plan a tour for a school or community group of the
Franklin County Landfillor the
Rumpke Material Recovery Facility where recyclables are sorted. Inquire for availability.
Bring RecyColumbus to a neighborhood event
Bring RecyColumbus to neighborhood events. As the event is planned, please consider the suggestions below:
- Register your event with RecyColumbus to get free promotional materials. (Please download before submitting.)
- Choose the right event. You don't have to create your own. Consider partnering with an existing event or activity. We suggest considering events and locations such as festivals, concerts, sporting events, community meetings, or farmers markets.
- You don't have to know it all. Program questions are answered online at
www.RecycleColumbus.org or residents can call 614-645-3111.
- Keep it interesting:
- Invite friends, family and neighbors to help.
- Brainstorm ways to engage people. For example, ask fun questions and give out promotional items.
- Be enthusiastic! Volunteers should consider wearing RecyColumbus temporary tattoos and be highly energetic to draw extra attention.
- Track how many people you have talked with and what types of questions they asked. A RecyColumbus staff member will follow-up on all registered events to get information on what was most effective.
Distribute promotional materials
Distribute information about RecyColumbus at a neighborhood event or festival. Simply register an event to obtain the free promotional items listed below:
- Information card:
- Giveaway items (temporary tatoos, kids coloring sheet, etc)- based on availability
To register your event complete the
Event Registration Form.
Volunteers who have been trained to present to community groups about the RecyColumbus program can use the following resources.
Information card (sample)- This postcard provides all the information that audience members need to get started on recycling, including what goes in the blue cart and how to get specific information on cart delivery and recycling collection schedules. RecyColumbus will provide you with a quantity of these cards in advance of your presentation.
- Powerpoint Presentation
- Powerpoint Presentation (with script)
- Volunteer recruitment form- This sign-up sheet will help us add to our database, gather information on volunteers and activities that can help spread the word about RecyColumbus. Please bring a copy of this document to pass around during your presentation. Send completed form to: Volunteer Form c/o MurphyEpson, 151 E. Nationwide Blvd., Columbus, Ohio 43215.
- Speaker feedback form - This form will aid RecyColumbus in gathering information about the audience and their reaction to the new recycling program. Please complete and submit the form online so we can strive to continually improve recycling education. (Please download the form before submitting.)