Overdose and Addiction
Overdose and Addiction Surveillance
Columbus Public Health, in collaboration with community partners, collects and reports on local data related to addiction. We continue to add new data sources, but currently, we track:
- Overdose deaths (as reported on death certificates)
- Suspected overdoses seen in emergency departments
- Hepatitis C
- Selected syringe service program data
- Patients treated for suspected drug overdose by EMS agencies in Franklin County
- Prescriptions given for opioids and other drugs
These dashboards provide up-to-date data on overdose treatment, outcomes and disease prevention in Columbus and Franklin County, Ohio.
Comprehensive Addiction-Related Data (initially released Feb 2020)
This report is updated quarterly and provides an overview of addiction-related data for Columbus and Franklin County.
Suspected overdoses- EMS Runs and ED Visits (2016 to 2020)
This report provides an historical overview of patients treated by Columbus Division of Fire for suspected drug overdose, and patients who presented in Franklin County emergency department for suspected overdose. This report is no longer updated.
To download a PDF snapshot of the dashboard:
- Open the dashboard by clicking on a data display link above.
- Select the download icon located in the icon ribbon on the bottom right hand corner and select PDF.
- Select "Create PDF" and download.