To administer a prequalification process to provide fair and equitable evaluations of all entities seeking to do construction business with the city.
Per Section 329.201 of the Columbus City Codes, all companies bidding on construction work estimated to exceed $500,000 must be prequalified responsible or prequalified provisionally responsible by bid due date to be awarded a contract. In addition, licensed construction trade subcontractors must be prequalified responsible or prequalified provisionally responsible by bid due date to subcontract or perform on city construction service work.
Prequalification applications are accepted throughout the year. Returning applicants should refer to their Prequalified Certificate, the List of Prequalified Business Entities, or contact the Office of Construction Prequalification regarding when to re-apply.
PREQUALIFIED BUSINESS ENTITIES
• List of Prequalified Business Entities
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Guide to Construction Prequalification
• Prequalification Application Tips and Examples (Link Not Available/Updates Pending)
• Prequalification Application
Statutory Origins of Prequalification
• Columbus City Code Chapter 329
• Office of Diversity and Inclusion (Contract Compliance)
• Purchasing Office (Vendor Services)