To administer a prequalification process to provide fair and equitable evaluations of all entities seeking to do construction business with the city.
Effective January 01, 2015 (per Section 329.21(g)); Only potential bidders prequalified responsible or prequalified provisionally responsible by bid due date may be awarded a contract for city construction service work. Only licensed construction trade subcontractors prequalified responsible or prequalified provisionally responsible by bid due date may subcontract or perform on city construction service work. No business entity prequalified not responsible may receive or perform city construction service work.
Prequalification applications are accepted January 1st through December 31st each year. Returning applicants should refer to their Prequalified Certificate, the List of Prequalified Business Entities, or contact the Office of Construction Prequalification regarding when to re-apply.
PREQUALIFIED BUSINESS ENTITIES
• List of Prequalified Business Entities
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Guide to Construction Prequalification (Link Not Available/Updates Pending)
• Prequalification Application Tips and Examples (Link Not Available/Updates Pending)
• Prequalification Application
Statutory Origins of Prequalification
• Columbus City Code Chapter 329
• Office of Diversity and Inclusion (Contract Compliance)
• Purchasing Office (Vendor Services)