Columbus Recreation and Parks Dept Logo

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to be a resident of Columbus to participate in programs?

No! There is no residency requirement to participate. Everyone is welcome.

How do I get more informaton about programs and services offered through the Columbus Rereation and Parks Department?

Call 614-645-3300 (select option 3). You can also find helpful information about Community Centers, Department Programs and Online Registration online.

I need to have a tree removed/a tree has fallen in my neighborhood. Who do I contact?

Contact the City 311 Service Center at 614-645-3111 or visit

How do I rent one of your facilities or outdoor spaces for my special celebration (wedding, birthday, baby shower, block party, etc.)?

Due to the current public health emergency, no new reservations are being accepted for events through Dec. 31, 2020. We are accepting reservations for 2021. To make a reservation or if you have questions, visit our rentals website or call 614-645-3337.

Please note: Reservations are accepted up to one year (365 days) in advance; if you’re trying to reserve a date that’s more than one year out, that date won’t show as available. Please check back within a year of your event date. We don’t offer reservations at Hayden Falls Park because it is a nature preserve and a small public park. 

My event/class/camp was canceled. How do I find out the status of my refund?

For details about cancelations and refunds related to COVID-19, visit

Where can I find out information about my local park?

Please visit our Parks page for information about parks; this Walking Path Information has information about the distance of local walking paths.

For questions about metro parks, call 614-891-0700 or visit the Metro Parks’ website.

What are park hours? Can I park overnight?

Our park hours are 7 a.m. - 11 p.m. and we do not allow overnight parking. 


I lost an item at one of your parks.

Please email an item description, park name and approximate location as well as date the item was lost. We will work with our Park Maintenance team to find your item.

How can I sign my child up for a Columbus Recreation and Parks Department youth sports league?

Call 614-645-3334, or view our youth sports league options via Activenet, our online registration portal.


Who can I call to find out if my softball game or other sports activity has been rained out?

Please call 614-645-RAIN (7246). Game-day cancelations can also be found at


Where can I play pickleball in Columbus?

View the Pickleball Resource Guide for information about 118 pickleball courts (60 indoors and 58 outdoors) at 35 locations throughout the city.


Who do I talk to about cleanup at one of your water reservoirs?

Email Columbus Public Utilities, Watershed Management Division. Many answers can be found on their Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.


Can I fish in the ponds at Columbus Recreation and Parks’ parks? Do I need an Ohio fishing license?

Yes, you may fish in the ponds at Columbus Recreation and Parks Department parks. All individuals over the age of 16 must have an Ohio fishing license. Learn more about getting an Ohio fishing license and Ohio’s fishing regulations


Why are there no basketball rims up in the parks? When can we start playing basketball again?

Guidelines for contact sports such as basketball released by Gov. Mike DeWine in August have specific safety guidelines organizations are required to follow. It isn’t feasible for the department to implement these guidelines at outdoor basketball courts. We continue to monitor the State’s guidelines and will reopen outdoor basketball courts as quickly as possible. We have used this time to perform maintenance on many hoops so they will be in good working condition when they are reinstalled. Our team is working as quickly as possible to reinstall the hoops.

Have any questions and/or comments for us?

If so, please complete the form below. If inquiring about rental or permit information, please be sure to indicate the facility, park or activity within the subject line. We will do our very best to get back with you in a prompt manner. 

(* Indicates a required field.)

* Email Address:

* Phone Number  

* Your Full Name: 

* Subject: 

* Message: