S.A.G.E. - Substance Abuse General Education
The S.A.G.E. (Substance Abuse General Education) Program provides general education on substance abuse to help reduce the risk for developing alcohol or other drug problems. The content is centered on understanding what each participant values and how to protect those things through positive low risk choices.
• Does having a family history of alcohol problems increase my risk?
• Does having a high tolerance protect me from problems?
• Why can’t people see it when they have problems with alcohol?
• Are small quantities of alcohol good for my heart?
• How do I know where my “trigger point” is?
• How do I know when I am making high-risk choices?
• What personality traits are more common among people who develop alcoholism?
• How can I specifically reduce my risk for problems?
• Is marijuana addictive and can it impair driving ability?
Who the Program is for:
S.A.G.E. is designed to be an intensive prevention education intervention for those that are showing use of alcohol and/or marijuana but do not meet criteria for a treatment diagnosis. The program is available for individuals interested in preventing alcohol/drug abuse. This could include people who use alcohol/other drugs, those referred by the criminal justice system, and those who wish to learn more about reducing their personal risk.
When the sessions are:
The SAGE Program is a five week program offered for those 18 and older on Tuesdays from 4-7pm. It includes 4 classes and a one hour wrap up risk reduction interview. Clients must complete the full 12 hours of education and the wrap up to complete SAGE. During the program it may be determined that the client’s high risk choices should result in further assessment and a treatment recommendation can be made.
The teen SAGE program is offered 4 times a year and may result in a referral for an alcohol and drug assessment with another agency due to continued high risk use. Please call for dates at 614-645-1342.
How to Enroll:
Clients over 18 must complete an Alcohol and Drug Assessment with our treatment team to be referred to SAGE.
For more information on the assessment process call 614-645-6839.
For youth 15-17 who are showing high risk substance use with alcohol and marijuana enrollment is completed by phone and a parental permission form must be completed.