Yard Waste Recycling at the Facility
The Compost Facility recycles specific types of yard waste to produce Com-Til. We allow residents and businesses to bring yard waste to us free of charge weekdays from 7 am – 3 pm (excluding holidays).
Accepted yard waste includes:
- ANY kind of tree, including Ash trees, but NO
- LOGS – any size or diameter
- LIMBS / BRANCHES
- LEAVES -
Please empty and take/reuse your leaf bags
- FRESH WOODCHIPS /GROUND TREES
See brochure for full detail
Be prepared to unload your vehicle or trailer by yourself, or bring help with you. If it’s your first visit, you can park your vehicle and visit the office to obtain more information. Follow all posted rules and signage.
- Make sure your load is visible upon arrival. If we cannot see the material, ask us to inspect it before you get to the drop-off area.
- You must ‘weigh in’ – unless you are told otherwise by staff, this means every car or truck. Drive onto the scale when it is safe, and wait for a green light before moving. NOTE: There is no weight limit to what you bring. We are required to record and report the amount of materials accepted.
- Follow signs and unload your vehicle where you see similar yard waste.
- Your load may be reviewed at any time, and unacceptable materials will be refused. Please do not dump unacceptable materials at the facility; take them with you for proper disposal elsewhere. Visit www.columbus.gov/Yardwaste to find other yard waste collection centers.
- ‘Weigh out’ and wait for a green light when you are finished. You may exit the facility afterward, or visit the office if you would like a proof of delivery.